My guest for this episode is Mehmet:
Mehmet was born in Turkey and now lives in the United States. He is very passionate about fitness and has the goal of building a body like Brad Pitt in the movie Snatch. Unfortunately, his progress was stunned a few weeks ago when he injured his arm in a wrestling accident. He had to get surgery otherwise his shoulder was in danger of popping out of its socket. We recorded the podcast shortly after his surgery and Mehmet wanted to talk to me about how to come back to the gym when his arm recovered. In 2016 I too had to take 6 months off lifting due to illness and surgery so wanted to ask me several things about nutrition and training.
In this episode we discuss:
- How much protein you need when you don’t train
- Why BCAAs are not needed by the majority of people
- Why fasted training is not necessary
- Why Mehmet and I stopped doing Intermittent Fasting
- How I trained when I returned to the gym in 2016
- Why taking it slow is crucial when you return to lifting
- How to eat when you go back to lifting
- Why tracking only calories and protein is enough
- Why you shouldn’t train to failure
- Why you lose arm size when cutting
You can listen to my podcast on:
Thanks for listening!
If you want to be my next guest follow me on Instagram and look for the posts where I announce that I’m looking for a new guest. If you fit the podcast requirements linked in my Instagram bio and you are available at the time I’ll be recording the podcast, comment on the picture saying that you want to be a guest. After about 24 hours I randomly choose someone from the comments to be the next guest. If that happens to be you, you get to be on this podcast.